You might have heard about this if you have a blog. Basically, you are given the award by other bloggers to help promote your blog and recognize the work you’ve done! Though it’s more of a chain-letter than an actual prize-winning award, I think it’s great for developing connections between bloggers and helping each other out.
I was personally nominate by http://agirlandhersoapbox.wordpress.com who has some awesome answers to random questions on personal preference. She gave a list of 11 questions for me to answer, so I’ll do that first:
1. What is your favorite fragrance?
It will have to Chanel Mademoiselle although I don’t own it as of yet. My favourite fragrance in my collection is Oh Lola by Marc Jacobs.
2. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Bread. I can’t live without and it’s making me fat, but bread is my staple every single day. It’s a European thing. (Even though I’m technically African, but got it from my heritage)
3. Do you have a favorite genre of music?
No. I love Coldplay and Imogen Heap at the moment so I’d say English musicians… I know that’s not a genre. 😉
4. Tea or coffee?
Coffee. Can’t live without it.
5. If you could pick anywhere in the world to live, where would it be?
Zurich, Switzerland. Hands down.
6. How many lipsticks do you own?
27 of which 10 are OCC Liptars, if that counts.
7. What movie makes you cry everytime you watch it?
Pride and Prejudice. The BBC and the Kiera Knightly version. Both are awesome in every way.
8. Would you rather spend time traveling by trying out new foods and restaurants, shopping, or seeing the sights?
9. Tell us an embarrassing story!
When I was a teen in early high school (middle school) I had a crush on a hot Portuguese guy who lived in our street. He came over to visit my brother once and told a funny joke. I laughed so hard that I sprayed coffee through my nose all over myself and everything in the close vicinity.
10. Favorite subject in school?
Art, even though I never took it. My dad didn’t want to pay for canvasses and paint. So I attended in my free time and used my friends’ stuff. A subject I actually got grades for: biology. Loved it.
11. Favorite recipe?
Refried Beans. Ask me, I’ll post a recipe.
Also required are eleven random facts about myself:
1. I was born with 11 toes and 12 fingers. Yes, I’m human.
2. I was born face first. (In native African beliefs that means I’m naughty by nature)
3. I am a cat magnet. Stray cat randomly walk up to me and hug my legs. In every country I’ve been. Cats just get me.
4. I sing and play piano and sing and play the piano at the same time, ever since I could reach the keys on the piano.
5. I used to surf and skate and wear over sized khaki pants and sneakers because as a teen I thought being a tomboy would bring all the boys to the yard. Apparently that didn’t work out so well.
6. I shouldn’t be alive since I almost died from an appendix virus when I was 12. I still have the scar on my stomach.
7. I shouldn’t be alive since I was diagnosed with lymphoma by 5 medical experts when I was 18, after which we were all stunned by a negative biopsy result, which to this day cannot be explained.
8. I can speak 4 languages. Afrikaans, English, Zulu and Xhosa. I’m also learning French and Spanish and I can speak a few necessary phrases in Koreans and Marshallese from living abroad in places for longer than a year at a time.
9. I love purple a little too much. No, that doesn’t say anything about me in any way.
10. I say things as they are. I’m not proficient at sugar coating things and I’m very opinionated for a 26 year old, which results in people always thinking that I’m a sad, bitter person, which I assure you I am not. As a daughter of a scientist, I find it hard to be tactful, even though I’m always trying to be nice.
11. My husband and best friend is 23 years my senior and I’ve never been happier than I’ve been in the last 2 and half years of marriage.
There you go!
Now for the nominations! I’ll post the rules after I added the blogs I’ve nominated.
I nominated blogs that I really enjoy reading, and as the rules state, they must be under 200 followers. Here are the rules I was given:
Here are the rules of the contest if you want to participate:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself–they can be anything!
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
And finally, here are your eleven questions!
1. What was the last thing you ate?
2. What’s your favourite colour?
3. How many blushes do you own?
4. Have you ever met a celebrity?
5. What item of make up/ cosmetic could you not live without.
6. If you were stranded on a deserted island, who would you want to have with you?
7. What’s the last song on your iPod or music device.
8. What’s your natural hair colour?
9. Do you prefer piercings or tattoos or neither?
10. What sound are you hearing right at this moment?
11. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
That’s all I have for you guys! Participation isn’t necessary, but it’s a really great way to get your blog out there! Thanks for your interest in my blog.